The LINCC Frameworks team is dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all people. Our goal is to build an inclusive and successful community composed of, but not limited to, the LINCC Frameworks team, incubator participants, and collaborators. We expect all participating members of this community to follow these guidelines when interacting with others both inside and outside of our community.
This code of conduct applies to all community situations online and offline, including mailing lists, forums, social media, conferences, meetings, associated social events, and one-to-one interactions. Consequences for violations will depend on the situation and could ( if needed) include discontinuation of collaborative relationships or other significant consequences to preserve the inclusive collaborative environment that is our goal.
- We pledge to treat all people with respect and provide a harassment- and bullying-free environment, regardless of personal attributes, including but not limited to sex, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, nationality, ethnicity, politics, and religion. In particular, sexual language and imagery, sexist, racist, or otherwise exclusionary jokes are not appropriate.
- We pledge to respect the work of others by recognizing acknowledgment/citation requests of original authors. As authors, we pledge to be explicit about how we want our own work to be cited or acknowledged. Team members may make significant contributions to collaborative projects, and we expect that the work of team members and the role of the LINCC Frameworks team/incubator will be properly attributed in any related talks, publications, software releases, etc.
- We pledge to welcome questions and answer them respectfully, paying particular attention to those new to the community. We pledge to provide respectful criticisms and feedback in forums, especially in discussion threads resulting from code contributions.
- We pledge to be conscientious of the perceptions of the wider community and to respond to criticism respectfully. We will strive to model behaviors that encourage productive debate and disagreement, both within our community and where we are criticized. We will treat those outside our community with the same respect as people within our community.
- We pledge to help the entire community follow the code of conduct and not remain silent when we see violations of the code of conduct. We will take action when members of our community violate this code, such as contacting one of the LINCC Frameworks leadership team or talking privately with the person. Note that, due to mandatory reporting requirements, the leadership team may be required to report certain types of misconduct when they involve individuals at their own institutions. We pledge to act in good faith when reporting or discussing violations of the code of conduct and recognize that retaliation against anybody for making or discussing a report is itself a violation of this code.
- We strive to be good citizens of all groups in the LSST science community and beyond with which we engage, including abiding by their Codes of Conduct and other policies in interactions with them.
This code is adapted from the AstroPy code of conduct and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Updated: May 25, 2023