Tech Talks is a forum to connect the Rubin LSST software community, showcasing work by the broad Rubin software and archives community designed to enable LSST science. We hope it will provide a forum for a range of groups and authors to present, learn about, and discuss efforts of interest to analysis of LSST data.
Tech Talks are delivered virtually every second Thursday of the month at 10:00 a.m. Pacific (1:00 p.m. ET, 3:00 p.m. Chile (November and onwards through winter), and 7:00 p.m. Central European Time. You can access it via Zoom at https://ls.st/lincc-talks. The recordings are publicly available generally within a week of the talk. Want to receive future seminar announcements?
- Add this Google calendar
- Subscribe to the discussion on community.lsst.org
- Visit the #lincc-tech-talks channel on LSST-DA Slack
- Subscribe to the LINCC announcements email list (send a blank e-mail to lincc-join AT lists.lsst.org)
December 7, 2023 (Note: This is the first Thursday of the month)
- Meg Schwamb and Kaylee de Soto will share the results from the first round of the LINCC Frameworks Incubator program.
The slides from previous talks can be found here.
November 9, 2023
- AI for Climate Good by Inria Chile
- Recording to be added soon
September 14, 2023
- Technical topics of common interest to Rubin and Roman by Knut Olsen & Harry Ferguson
- Advanced Scientific Data Format by Perry Greenfield
July 13, 2023
June 08, 2023
- Moving object image searches: a case study for metadata models by Stephen Gwyn
May 11, 2023
April 13, 2023
March 9, 2023
- Jupyter and STScI: A Platform and a Tool (Erik Tollerund) & MAST: A Multi-Mission Archive by Susan Mullally)
February 9, 2023
- The TOM Toolkit: Observing platform for Rubin follow-up and recent upgrades for O4 by Rachel Street, William Lindstrom, Joey Chatelain
- SkyPortal: A technical ecosystem enabling multi-messenger astrophysics by Josh Bloom, Michael Coughlin)
January 26, 2023
- Introducing the LINCC Frameworks Incubator series (LINCC team)
December 8, 2022
November 10, 2022
- Timeseries in Astronomy – Sunpy by Will Barnes
- SER-SAG Periodicity pipeline Inkind contribution by Andjelka Kovacevic
October 13, 2022
- LINCC Frameworks Projects in Yr1: from bulk-data formats to photo-z testbeds by Jeremy Kubica and the LINCC team