LSST@Asia: Exploring the Wide, Fast, Deep Universe
Registration is now open for the LSST@Asia: Exploring the Wide, Fast, Deep Universe conference to be held in Sydney, Australia, from May 20-23, 2019.
LSST@Asia is the first conference in what we intend to be a series, following on from the series of very successful LSST@Europe conferences held in 2013, 2016, and 2018. These meetings encouraged close interaction between LSST personnel and European scientists interested in LSST. LSST@Asia will bring together scientists in Asia, Australia, and South Africa with an interest in the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope and provide them with the opportunity to interact with each other as well as with leaders of the LSST Science Collaborations and hear updates on LSST construction and data processing progress.
The main objectives of the 2019 meeting are to:
- Provide an update on the status of the LSST Project
- Strengthen the network of scientists in Asia involved in various aspects of LSST
- Promote increased engagement of scientists with the LSST Science Collaborations
- Explore synergies with future astronomical facilities
Child care will be provided to maximize participation by those with carer responsibilities. There will also be some funding support available to encourage attendance by early-career researchers (less than five years post PhD) and PhD students.
- February 4, 2019: The program announced
- March 4, 2019: Registration and conference fee payment deadline
- January 14, 2019: Abstract submission closes
- May 20 – 23, 2019: Conference