What data do we collect?
LSST-DA collects the following data when you directly provide it to us:
- Personal identification information (Name, address, email, phone number, etc.)
- Credit card information (if you make a donation)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide LSST-DA with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Make an online donation
- Complete the “Contact Us” form
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
LSST-DA collects your data so we can:
- Send you emails about LSST-DA
- Acknowledge your donation
- Respond to your questions
We do not sell, rent, or exchange your data with any other organization.
How do we store your data?
LSST-DA securely stores your data in DonorPerfect (nonprofit management software) and SafeSave (payment processor). Scientific, professional email lists are managed by an enterprise system, such as Microsoft 365.
LSST-DA would like to send you information about our organization’s activities and opportunities for supporting us. If you have agreed to receive emails, you may always opt out at a later date.
What are your data protection rights?
LSST-DA would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request LSST-DA for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that LSST-DA correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request LSST-DA to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that LSST-DA erase your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that LSST-DA restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to LSST-DA’s processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that LSST-DA transfer the data we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Children and privacy
We believe in the importance of protecting the privacy of children online and do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Our services are not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13. To notify us of our receipt of information from children under 13, please contact us.
How to contact us
LSST Discovery Alliance
933 North Cherry Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85721